Monday, November 2, 2015

Last Week in the CCM

So a typical day for me starts off waking up at 6:15 and then get ready and be down in our room for personal study at 7. We study for an hour and then have breakfast at 8. We then have a couple classes. We get to go over grammar classes and practice giving phrases in spanish. We then have lunch and then have a few fake investigators. We prepare lessons and then teach and then study some more. We then get to have activity time each day for an hour. I love to play soccer with the Latinos. One day I scored 4 goals. It was amazing. especially because all the Latinos are amazing at soccer. Then we shower, and get ready, then head down for dinner. After dinner we either have time for some more classes, some doctrinal study. Then at about 9 oclock we plan for about half an hour and then get ready for bed. I usually stay up for a bit to ready my book, Our Heritage. We then turn in and go to bed at 10:30. Then we repeat the cycle again each day. We plan a lot, pray a lot, eat a lot, and learn a lot. At this point all the days are starting to turn into the same day haha. We leave for the field this Monday, and I will finally get to leave.

So I have had the same mission companion during my MTC experience. You have a companion every transfer which is every 6 weeks. Things with Elder Hanson are great. He is super cool. I am ready to leave. I am ready to get a trainer and to learn more about the culture of Medellín.

So it´s not really a prison. It just feels like it because we have a set schedule every day and have limited time to be outside. It´s not really a prison, I´ve just learned to make the best of the situation. I have had a pretty good attitude so far and things are great. We eat so much, I have gained 5 lbs since the last time I weighed myself. I bet I´ll have gained more before I leave for the field. I´m not discouraged, things are great. I am just ready to not be trapped in the same place for more than a month. To finally be able to walk around and be free haha.

Not much has happened since I last wrote you. Also once I get out in the field I will have a more set schedule to write at stuff. In the MTC sometimes I write on Tuesdays, sometimes on Thursdays. I´ll have a more frequent schedule once I´m out. Things are great here, and I love the teachers. I lucked out and got some really good trainers. I am also really going to miss my district. Everyone is so fun and we all have a good time in our district.

Today was the last time that I get to go to the temple for about 2 years. I was really bummed out about that, but I'm ready to leave Bogota. However I will miss Bogota´s crazy traffic, crazy graffiti, and homeless people. I know that Medellín needs me.

I´ll write more when I get a chance. Also I´ll have a ton more to write about. Next time you here from me I will be in my mission.

Adios,

Élder Harris
Our bedding is dope! We get dolphins.

Same suit - Same ties

No comments:

Post a Comment