Friday, December 11, 2015

I have the Macklemore Haircut

So last p day I had to get a haircut becuase it was starting to get a little long. I told the lady to cut the sides short and to keep it longer on top, like how I normally like my hair. I forgot to tell her to fade it. So there is a huge definition between the side of my head and the top of my head. It reminds me a lot of Macklemore. I guess it is not that bad, it helps me to better fit in with the people here in Colombia. I kind of like it I am not going to lie.

Also I have been feeling kind of sick these last few days. It must be either the water here, or the food, haha the rice. But something got me pretty sick these last few days. I had a bad fever and it was hard to focus on the work. Brother Salgado, a member in the Sevilla Branch is a nurse. He was able to help me and give me medicine that would help me get better faster. He also suggested that I get a shot, in the butt. I ended up getting a shot in the butt. It was terrible because I had this man stare at my bare butt. It was super funny in the moment and also terrifying. Elder Canavese was laughing the whole time. This was probably the first time I remember getting a shot in the butt. Afterwards I crashed, and was out for about 3 hours. I woke up covered in sweat with my pants half down with my backside exposed. It was probably the weirdest Sunday that I have ever had. It was funny, and probably one of the most memorable parts of my mission so far haha.

I dont have any photos this week, I know sad. But I'll do my best to take more photos and keep you guys updated as best as I can. Thanks everyone back at home, I love getting your emails and knowing that you guys are keeping up on me by reading my blog. If you have any specific questions that you would like to know feel free to let me know. I love knowing that people are still supporting me in everything that I am doing. I pray that things are all well with you all.

So Colombia doesnt celebrate Thanksgiving. It is like the worst thing in the world. It is probably my favorite holiday. Instead we had a ton of rice. But I ate as much as I would have if it were Thanksgiving in Colombia. I felt the spirit of Thanksgiving in the pounds of rice I ate.

So this week we are heading into the Christmas season. On the first day of December in Colombia apparently is super big! They love Christmas here in Colombia. Lots of people like to party and drink a lot. Also all of the christmas lights are flashing lights. They are pretty much like strobe lights, and they are everywhere. I think I am going blind. They are also over all of the Christmas trees too. It is a little overwhelming.

Prayer is amazing, we can litteraly talk with our Heavenly Father. He can give us peace, and give us strength. Elder Christofferson talked about in a mormon message how it is no coincidence that our bodies were made in such a way that we need constant sustenance. The same applies as far as spiritual sustenance. If we dont daily eat, we starve. Also, if we dont read our scriptures and pray daily, our spiritual bodies will starve. This is so true. There was a time where I felt that something was missing. Life was good, but I was feeling this small hole in my life. I have come to know that since I have been serving my mission, it was the lack of reading my scriptures daily. If we continue to have our daily habits, to feed us spiritualy, we can recognize the hand of the Lord in our lives, and he can help bless us. I know this is so true.

Sorry I don´t have a lot to write about. Not much has happened this week. The mission all starts to blend in. But the work is going well. We have a few progressing investigators and a few people with baptismal dates. There is this kid Nicholas who is 15 and really likes our lessons. He knows a bit of english and is super cool. Everytime we meet with him he always wants to know more. He asked us what else can he do after he is baptized. He is such a good example and he knows that this is what he needs in his life right now. We hope to have a baptism for him on the 26 of December!

Thanks for everything, and keeping me updated about your lives. I dont have a ton of time to write. But I wish you all the best.

elder harris

November 30, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment