Monday, January 4, 2016

Roof Roasts and Dried Up Snakes

This week was not very eventful to say the least. As a missionary it is really hard to have success around the holidays. Most of the people have left out of town, and the people that you can meet with are not interested in listening to the missionaries. We have just done a lot of contacting by knocking on doors hoping that people will listen to us. Oh we also go around singing lots of Christmas hymns. It is a good way to get people to listen to us and hear some cool Christmas music sung by yours truly. Also not to brag but I think I am by far the best sing out of the missionaries. Latinos are terrible singers. Before my mission I hated having to sing. But now I like have to because everyone else is so terrible hahahah.

This Christmas we got together as a zone and we had a cool roast. We all gathered together and then had a big roast on the top of one of the apartments in Armenia. We also had a pitchfork so we got some photos of us by the fire acting like the devil. Weird because it was Christmas eve haha. It was tough to sleep that night because there was music blasting all through the night. Also it was 11 missionaries in a small apartment so we all had to share beds and I was pressed up against the wall. It was a non-stop party all night long. Christmas was rough.

President Calderon gave all of the missionaries personal letters that were from our families. That was probably the best gift I got for Christmas. Also my mom sent me some of the most swag socks. They have llamas on them and surfs up santas haha. Also the american candy was much appreciated. There is just something about Colombia, but all of the candy here is terrible. The only good thing that they have here is chocolate. I think I ate all of the candy in less than an hour haha. It was just too good. So many memories in that box of junior mints haha.

Also the day after Christmas I got to skype with my family. It was probably the best day I have had in the mission so far. It was a lot like a Q&A. My mom had a lot of questions about the mission life here in Colombia. I didn't mind, it was awesome being able to speak with them about what it is like here. I loved catching up with my family. My family is the biggest blessing I have in my life, they have always been there for me and has supported me in everything that I have done. I will always be grateful for all that they have done for me, and has helped me to become better in every aspect of my life. I cant describe how happy I was to talk with them. Next time we skype I look forward to when I can talk more about the mission, and how there is nowhere I would rather be right now than here in Colombia.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas this year. I know that as a missionary, Christmas is not the same. But it was one of the best Christmases I have ever had. I feel blessed knowing that my family is safe, and that they are wanting me to succeed as a missionary and are always thinking about me. They really are the best thing I have in my life.

Also coming up is new years, which I have heard is a lot crazier than Christmas. So we will see how that goes haha. More to come on that next Monday.

I love getting all your emails they mean so much to me. Oh yeah real quick, Elder Mejia saw a small dried up snake in the road and insisted on taking it everywhere with him for the rest of the day. I asked if I could hold it when we were almost done with the day, I took it and snapped it in half with my fingers and then continued walking. He got a little angry. It was super funny, Peruvians are funny when they get angry haha.

December 28, 2015














No comments:

Post a Comment